[Marxan] Dynamic Systems with MARXAN

Hugh Possingham h.possingham at uq.edu.au
Mon Jan 23 09:40:17 EST 2012

Marxan relies on an evaluation/quantification of a "plan" in microseconds to do its optimisation.
Hence our view is that the best way to include complex dynamic processes is to make several very different
but "near-optimal"  plans that are then fed in to some sort of simulation model – eg ecospace.

Cheers Hugh

Dr Hugh Possingham FAA
Director
PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS, PROFESSOR OF ECOLOGY
Email: h.possingham at uq.edu.au<mailto:h.possingham at uq.edu.au>
M  +61 (0)434 079 061
P   +61 (07) 3365 2527
APPOINTMENTS  Melisa Lewins
T    +61 (07) 3365 2527
E     m.lewins at uq.edu.au<mailto:m.lewins at uq.edu.au>

[cid:F80FB2FF-5BBC-4894-8C4B-6080BCA506A5]